Friday, August 8, 2014

SELAMAT HARI RAYA // A day of celebration

Selamat Hari Raya to all of my Muslim friends :) 

Hari Raya is a festival which is celebrated by the Muslims worldwide. My Muslim friends tell me it is a whole month where they put back all of the weight they lose from the fasting period of Ramadan (A month where they fast from dawn to sunset).


This year, I went to my ex-colleague's open house (for Hari Raya) and there in the living hall were 2 tables - 1 was filled and displayed with tidbits and pastries while another was food (Noodles, rice cakes, curry~) spread across the long table. I knew I was in for a feast, yumz.
(This is one of my favorite butter biscuit in rainbow colors. so pretty right!)

 Laksa - Noodle in spicy soup
(Lontong -  Rice cakes served with Qeema
Qeema is a curry minced meat with potatoes and peas) 

I was the only Chinese in the house yo~ You know, my friend they just got to be funny and say I am a Tibetan - Why Tibetan? Aye, it's a long story back then when we were in Bangkok -  (they didn't think I look Chinese, though)
Jam's relatives all came in their traditional outfit - Baju Kurung - so vibrant and pretty! That alone is enough to call for picture taking.



 (Jam and her 2 cuzz - they look soooooo cute, don't they?)
 That's Fai and her ever rising brow.

I enjoyed myself spending the whole day at Jam's - cooking and serving her guest ( as if I am the host )
It is exhausting just to cook a spread of dishes for the incoming crowds at different timing not to mention the cleaning up thereafter the open-house? So thankful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment